Skyview Elementary is home of the Soaring Skyhawks, serving over 780 students in grades Pre-K through 6th grade. All students take courses in Math, Science, Social Studies, Reading, Language Arts, as well as Physical Education, Art, and Music. For kindergarten, first grade, and second grade, a bilingual class is available.
Teachers monitor the progress of students and have weekly team meetings. Communication with parents is emphasized so that home and school work together. A solid foundation of academic and personal development lead to greater success in junior high and beyond.
Other programs offered at Skyview Elementary include:
- PACE afterschool program which provides afterschool care and continued learning. The PACE program runs from 3-6PM daily.
- Girl’s Club offers opportunities for young women becoming future leaders. The Girl’s Club holds monthly meetings as well as outings or fundraisers each month.
- Art Club provides opportunities for young artists to learn and grow their talent.
- Basketball Club provides opportunities for Skyview Dads to come and volunteer at the school. Monthly meetings and volunteer opportunities are offered to all dads, uncles, and grandfathers.
- Mom Squad Program provides opportunities for Skyview Moms to come and volunteer at the school. Volunteer opportunities are available to all moms, aunts, grandmothers, and anyone who is a mother figure.
For families with children 0-5 years in the Skyview feeder pattern:
- Skyview Hatchlings is a playgroup and Early Childhood PTA for neighborhood families providing our community with an opportunity to meet neighbors, make friends, and to get to know our neighborhood school. Stay connected at http://facebook.com/groups/SkyviewHatchlings