The Dallas City Council has called for a vote on 10 propositions totaling $1.050 billion, which include:
- Proposition A: Streets and Transportation — $533,981,000
- Proposition B: Parks and Recreation — $261,807,000
- Proposition C: Fair Park — $50,000,000
- Proposition D: Flood Protection and Storm Drainage — $48,750,000
- Proposition E: Library Facilities — $15,589,000
- Proposition F: Cultural Arts Facilities — $14,235,000
- Proposition G: Public Safety Facilities — $32,081,000
- Proposition H: City Service Facilities — $18,157,000
- Proposition I: Economic Development — $55,400,000
- Proposition J: Housing — $20,000,000.
For more information on each proposition, visit City of Dallas website.
View a sample ballot.
Projects targeted in District 10 (Lake Highlands) include:
- Improvements to the Timberleaf Park (just a few streets north of us), including new playground equipment.
- Traffic signal installations at Forest and Metric, Miller and Rockwall, Audelia and McCree;
- Improvements to the LBJ/Skillman intersection;
- Phase 1 of the Aquatics Master Plan Implementation for the Lake Highlands North—Family Aquatic Center;
- Lake Highlands Trail
- Flag Pole Hill Phase 1 Implementation;
- Flag Pole hill Playground;
- Senior and Gym Additions to the Willie B. Johnson Recreation Center;
- Replacing the Forest-Green Branch of the Dallas Public Library;
- Security Enhancements at the Northeast Police Substation.
Here is a map of District 10 projects included in the 2017 Bond Program. Click on the icons to show more details on each project.