Hello Town Creek Residents! As you will notice in the report below, we have recently had more criminal activity in the area than normal. As we are now into the Holiday Season, please be vigilant regarding suspicious activity. During this same period last year, the entire north Dallas area was subject to thieves removing boxes from porches following deliveries from UPS, FedEx, etc. Dallas Police and our Crime Watch officers will have additional patrol hours covering the area. Please call our officers or 911 if you see any suspicious activity.
|Suspicious Persons Asked to Leave||5||6||9||1||3||4||6||4||5||7||5|
Town Creek / Forest Meadow Criminal incidents in October:
- October 10, at Abrams and Meadowknoll, a hit and run accident occurred which led to a subsequent car chase and fight/disturbance. The Crime Watch Officer on duty responded to the situation.
- October 13, while leaving station Officer McOsker was flagged down due to a kidnapping near the Northeast Station. He had the mother get into his vehicle and they tracked down the child’s father that did not have custody. He was able to return the baby to the mother.
- October 14, 9500 block of Millridge – stolen vehicle. The car was equipped with LoJack and Dallas police recovered the car within a short period of time. The thief was apprehended in the vehicle.
- October 14, 9500 block of Millridge – burglary of motor vehicle, items were removed from the vehicle.
- October 16, 8800 block of Arbor Park – attempted break-in. Serious damage was done to the residents front door.
- October 24, 8800 block of Arbor Park – a political sign was stolen from resident’s front yard.
- October 24, Vista Oaks – a young man rang the door bell and asked resident to call his mother. The young man then left the area. The man’s mother told the resident that he had been in the hospital and asked to keep him there until she could come and get him. The resident called Crime Watch for assistance and Officer Chau was able to locate the man. Officer Chau kept him entertained until the man’s mother arrived.
- October 26, 9600 block of Robin Meadow – residential burglary
- October 26, 8700 block of Rocky Cove circle BMV- vehicle contents rifled, nothing taken
- October 27, 9400 block of Rocky Branch – stolen vehicle
- October 27, 7 pm, multiple explosions were reported in the area by resident calls to the Crime Watch phone. SWAT teams had utilized flash/bang devices in the apartments while serving a warrant for some very bad people.
Please never hesitate to call the Crime Watch officers or 911 to report suspicious activity. Notifying Crime Watch or 911 of suspicious activity can help prevent problems before crimes are committed, and it sends a message to any people with bad intentions that this is not a neighborhood for criminal opportunity.
Stay safe and enjoy this wonderful time of the year with friends and family!